JOB TITLE: Information and Referral Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Community Insights
DIVISION: Information & Referral Call Center Services
REPORTS TO: Senior Manager, Information & Referral Services
STATUS: Non-Exempt, Part-time (20-25 Hrs) Monday-Friday, 7:00 a.m-12 p.m. or 11:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
SUMMARY: I&R Specialist answers incoming calls from community members in need and refer them to public programs using multiple database systems. This position requires compassion, patience, excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Answer incoming phone calls on various service lines from those in need of basic needs, education, healthcare resources, etc.
• Provide advocacy for callers experiencing barriers to service
• Document all calls including collecting demographics and entering data accurately into databases
• Answer information requests received via email, postal mail, voicemail and social media
• Respond as necessary in the event of a disaster or emergency, up to and including providing referrals from an alternate location
• Direct callers to appropriate crisis intervention services, including domestic violence and potential suicide
• Attend staff meeting and trainings
• All other duties as assigned.
Submit cover letter, resume and three references no later than Sunday, July 31st to:
ATTN: Human Resources
HandsOn Central Ohio
195 N. Grant Ave, Suite 200, Columbus, OH 43215
HandsOn Central Ohio is an Equal Opportunity Employer.